Thursday, September 9, 2010

Wednesday

Train Guy comes and hangs out on Wednesdays. The bus drops him off after his morning of kindergarten in the church parking lot. It's a quick walk up the stairs for me to pick him up. We're still working into a routine, seeing as how this is only week three. Yesterday it was lunch at my desk and a Veggie Tales movie before Snack Time started.

Snack Time is our mid-week kid's program and Train Guy is loving it. They play games, do crafts, sing, listen to Bible Stories and more. I think the thing that Train Guy loves most is the playing. In fact I know it is. After Snack Time was over and I picked him up and told him it was time to go meet his parents at their office. "But I don't want to go to the office!" he said. "I want to play!" The need to play was so intense that he brokered a deal for two more minutes and raced back to the playground. It's good.

But my favorite moment of having Train Guy yesterday was as we were pulling out of the parking lot. It was kind of overcast and chilly yet Train Guy said, "I want the roof down." And so we drove down the road in the convertible with the roof down. Ladies and Gentlemen, I introduce you to a convertible convert, 5 year old Train Guy. :)

No comments: