Sunday, December 12, 2010

6 years ago...

Train Guy turns 6 this week. Hard to believe that 6 years have passed since he came into the world.

This year he started Kindergarten. Every Wednesday I get to meet his bus at the front of the church parking lot. He hangs out with me for a couple of hours before the church's mid-week program begins. Sometimes we have to run errands...he's not a fan. Most weeks we put a movie on while he eats his lunch. Sometimes he'll want to do a project. Pens, paper, scissors, glue, tape is all at his disposal. Most times he wants to go outside to play. Out to the playground he runs and the play begins.

Train Guy has gotten a little more affectionate in the last year. He freely gives hugs and kisses. It's pretty special to be hugged all the time. He's just a pretty happy guy...unless something isn't going his way and then the tears start. Oh the tears. It's funny what will cause those tears to happen too. Usually they start at the end of the day, when he's exerted so much energy his inner warehouse is low. That's about the time I send him back to his parents. But sometimes I get the full brunt of those tired tears. Meltdowns only happen with the one's you love, right?

Last week it was raining. Train Guy and I were charged with the task of picking up Adventure Boy from preschool. As we walked to my car, with the rain coming down, Train Guy asks "Can we put the hood down?" Ummmm...No. Driving in the rain in the convertible is no fun...done it before. Silly boy.

Today (Sunday) Train Guy celebrates his birthday by watching the original Star Wars movie (#1 to me, #4 to everyone else). I was going to put together a Lego Cake with Star Wars characters on it but at the last second I found the pan I really wanted online for pretty cheap. So Train Guy (who still needs a new nickname) will be celebrating his 6th birthday by blowing out the candles on this cake...
Happy Birthday Train Guy! May the force be with you!

No comments: