- Last weekend I was in Napa for work. A big conference for the District. It was lovely and beautiful and I would like to go back when I'm not working. I met, roughly, 500 people including Rita Moreno (wow!) and it was good. This introvert, however, has been seriously over-stimulated.
- I drove back home and immediately went to my 2nd job because, well, I'm heading to Joplin, Missouri this Saturday to do tornado relief work there again and we had a fundraiser dinner last night. I had left work last Tuesday and we had 60 raffle items. By the time the raffle started yesterday we had 117. It was a little busy yesterday but good! We raised $3400 for the trip.
- I've been doing a lot of thinking and praying about a step that I need to take to make something official and I've got to say, finding gracious words to say when one is seriously pissed off is tough.
- The one of the local papers has a column about driving and roads and all that stuff. This morning, as I was catching up on the column, I read for the millionth time someone make a comment about how ugly Prius' are and just have to say this...who cares? Why does it matter how "pretty" a car is? Why is this a bone of contention? What does this actually matter in the world? I don't get it.
- I read a lot of blogs and one of the bloggers I read posted something today that makes me wonder if he read my mind...we haven't even met, so that would be a strange thing. You can read the blog here. Really, I wonder if he knows the same person I know and the situation that has been distracting and frustrating me lately. I know a wolf in sheep's clothing.
- Did I tell you I leave on Saturday for a week in Joplin? With 27 students and 13 other adults? Yeah. I really didn't expect to go to Joplin again and yet, God is a little nutty like that.
- Last year just before the Joplin trip, the drivers seat in my car decided it didn't want to remain in the vertical position but rather preferred to remain in the back seat. This year there is a strong coolant smell wafting throughout the cabin. Yes, it's a convertible and yes the weather has been beautiful, but really?
- I'm watching one of those real housewives thing while typing this and judging a whole bunch of people. Me thinks it's time to shut this down and go to sleep!
Monday, March 25, 2013
Monday's nights of dottiness
A bunch of blog posts started and nothing has made it past the edit stage...so we're going a little dotty tonight.