It's true. There are only five full days before Christmas Day, and whether you use them for shopping, wrapping, preaching, worshiping, singing or traveling or even wishing the whole darn thing were over last Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be busy ones.
So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve.
- Finish buying Christmas gifts & stocking stuffers. This year is particularly hard for stocking stuffers but it's my favorite part of Christmas morning! Good thing I have a shopping day planned with Aunt C tomorrow!
- Wrap, wrap, wrap presents...though I tend to wait until that beautiful time between the 7pm Christmas Eve service and the 10pm service when I need to stay awake and all the family stuff is done for the night.
- Put together all the media stuff and music for the Christmas Eve services, the 28th and January 4th because I also need to...
- Pack for Mississippi! Not my own bags, silly people, but the bag that contains all the stuff the team may need while we are in Pearlington...like songbooks, extra t-shirts, dust masks, construction pencils and so on and so on. Who's idea was it to leave at 8am the day after Christmas?
- Dot the "i's" and cross the "t's" on all the Mississippi paperwork which includes making sure I have all the confirmation numbers for the flights and rentals cars, keys and lockbox numbers for the homes we are renting, permission slips for the students, putting the last few checks into the account to pay for all the food, gas, etc on the trip and so on and so on. Yep, the next few days are going to be a little busy!
It's the most wonderful time of the year...