Monday, July 18, 2011

Certified!

I am more and more convinced that God has a great sense of humor.  Little things are happening all the time that lead me to believe that God is having some fun with me.  I'm O.K. with it, I like to laugh and I laugh easily sometimes (maybe a little too easily).  It may be that I'm in a better place and able to see God's humor in life clearer or maybe I'm just looking to God for a little laughter.

In late May, when I was pretty sure I was moving on to the next thing in life but hadn't told anyone about my decision, the Pastor asked if I had finished my Certificate in Youth Ministry that I had started years before.  It got me to thinking that I had taken the final class a year before but hadn't yet seen anything that said "Congratulations!  You're done!".  The Personnel team was wanting the official piece of paper saying I was certified, so I sent a quick email to the program administrator and found out that I was supposed to fill out a piece of paper.  Who knew?!  Obviously, not me!

I filled out the paper and sent it in.  I did notice the little box on the paper that said "please give us the address you will be at in 6-8 weeks". Hmm...would it really take 6-8 weeks?  Evidently, it does.  Today, about 6 weeks after mailing the paper in, I got an email.  I am officially certified!  My paper certificate will be arriving in the mail.  My transcripts will reflect my certification status AND I can officially update my resume (seriously, it said that). 

It's just a piece of paper, but it seems like so much is coming full circle and that God is having a little giggle.  Seems fitting that I get the piece of paper just as this chapter of my time in Youth Ministry is coming to an end. 

I'm adding a new line to my resume--Certificate in Youth Ministry...wonder if that will come in handy in the future?

No comments: