Sunday, March 2, 2014

Leadership

I found this list in the office awhile back.  It came from a very talented, amazing group of High School students.  I found it to be a great reminder of what it means to be a leader.  I typed things out just as they were written.

Leadership:
  • Influence not authority
  • Positive attitude
  • Open minded
  • Taking initiative
  • Selfless
  • Dependence
  • Outspoken
  • Altruistic
  • Supportive
  • Confidence
  • Reliability
  • Respect
  • Generous
  • Network
  • Cooperation
  • Social Action
  • Courage
  • Delegation
  • Lead by example
  • Peace
  • Connection
  • Be your word 
  • Teamwork
  • Optimism
  • Communication
It's a great list with a few items that challenge me and some that come very naturally.

As I look at the list, I would add

  • Sense of humor
  • Grace
  • Tact
  • Be a listener first
  • Be thankful
What would you add to the list?

No comments: