Saturday, July 21, 2007

Cable

I pay for the cable at our house. When I moved in there wasn't any and I knew that one way that I decompress is by zoning out to a good sitcom. So I had cable installed and was a happy camper for awhile. It seems, though, that times have changed in a big way with cable TV. Most sitcoms are gone, reality TV has made it's ugly presence known. I will admit a bit of a fascination with some reality TV shows...Bridezillas is one...but in general, I tend to flip the channels a lot more than I used to. So when I got the latest cable bill and found that the rates have gone up, yet again, my first thought was "do I need cable anymore?" Could I survive on Netflix and movies I already have? I'm not sure what the answer is, but I'll tell ya, after flipping through over 100 channels and finding nothing that catches my interest, cable may be on it's way out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are going to get rid of cable wait until after football season.