Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Grumbling

I feel like grumbling today. Not that anything is going super wrong, just feel like grumbling. If you don't want to read, it's OK, I'm just warning you.
  • Went to the dentist this morning. I don't mind going to the dentist, I've been going to the same one for 30 years or so, not a big deal. I've lost my gold crown. Isn't that sad? It was "leaking" and needed to be checked. Fine. The not fine part is the referral now to the endodontist. Lovely. Going to the endodontist is not the problem, the bill that will result is the problem.
  • I've been noticing a phenomenon lately; People don't look as they back out of parking spaces. This afternoon at Costco as I was loading things into my car, the car across from me started backing out. Fine. Then the guy next to my car just started backing up without looking. I think I said "Whoa" out loud. Because of this I've gone into hyper mode, swiveling my head around in all directions many, many times. I like summer because the race car's top goes down and I can see better...there are a lot of blindspots in a convertible. But then again, it's not just backing out, everyone seems to think they are the only one on the road all the time. Annoying. Don't they know that I'M the only one?
  • This morning on my way to the dentist I was listening to the radio when my 2nd least favorite radio person came on. He just bugs me. I always change the channel but didn't get there fast enough and he started talking. Which brings me to this next one...
  • I'm really, really tired of people who have 10lbs or less to lose talking about their weight problem. I know it's frustrating but I have little empathy. Multiply that by, oh, a bunch and then we'll talk. Maybe. It's doubtful though 'cuz I have to really trust you to talk about that and I have a hard time trusting the people closest to me with that issue.
  • Someone has been helping themselves to food in the Youth Group fridge. I'm a generous person, I will give to people if they ask, but they have to ask! I've been threatening to put a lock on the fridge for a few years, I'm thinking it might be time.
  • Speaking of giving, I went to a store I don't normally shop at today and there were two people standing outside the door soliciting donations. I don't know what they were for and I would have listened but as I was going in one of the people got really obnoxious with someone going out. I actually exited on the other side of the building and walked around the whole store to avoid having to deal with the guy. And that's when I knew it was a grumbling kind of day.
Grumbling time has come to an end. Happy days around the corner!

No comments: