Monday, September 21, 2009

35

Where to begin...
  • G.G. and I began Baby Tour 2009 on Thursday morning. We started with Payten, catching up with Aunt C and Uncle K as well. Lil Bro and New Sis surprised me with a birthday cake, complete with candles. I don't have any pictures of that but it was cool. Payten was the youngest and skinniest of the babies on this tour, 4 weeks old and weighing in at 7lbs. She's got really long feet though. It's as long as my thumb!
  • Baby Tour 2009 headed to Colby's house next. G.G. and I had fun trying to get there. We found many places in CA without traffic! Though our blood pressure was rising quickly when the guy in the big truck refused to pull over even though he was going much slower than the rest of the cars on the road. Argh. Colby and I had a great time bonding, he's got a great smile, though I never caught it on camera. Colby's 11lbs and 7 weeks old. Colby's Brother, Brody, was a lot of fun too. Such adorable guys...the picture I would show you is not cooperating right now. Sorry.
  • Baby Tour 2009 continued for me with Sammy. Another young man with a great smile not caught on camera by me. He is a charmer and the oldest on the tour coming in at 11 weeks and weighing 16lbs. I had a fabulous time reuniting with Sammy and his parents. Why is it that the ones that live the closest are the ones I don't see enough?
  • This morning I turned on my cell phone and found this picture. It was a great way to start the day. Nat, the one on the right, also made a card/book... and wrote a song, reminding me that I'm getting older everyday but that Jesus loves me so, so, so, so, so, so, so MUCH. Love her.
  • At lunch with G.G. and B. Young, these two photos appeared on my phone with the captions.
Happy Birthday :)
  • And tonight Super Sarah and R-Girl treated me to dinner and made me cry. They spent a lot of time putting together a scrapbook of our many youth activities and had people write in the book as well. It just about did me in. I am blessed by them.
  • Overall a good way to end my 34th year and begin my 35th. All day I've been at a heightened level of awareness of the goodness of God...I have great friends, kids to love (and hand back to their parents) and family. Life may not look like what I thought it would look like at this point in time but I have nothing to complain about and God has reminded me of that all day long. God is good, life is good and it's been a great day.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Happy birthday to you sweetie pie!!!

You deserve all the wonderful blessings God can dish out.