Thursday, January 3, 2013

Restless

I have 9 posts in "draft" mode on this blog.  I'll start something, get part of the way through it, then hit save and move on to something else.  Some people call it writers block, some call it ADD, I recognize it as the feeling of restlessness.

This restlessness is nothing new, it is, however, scary as all get-out.  For in the restlessness of my soul there is another rumbling, a voice calling saying "Change is on the way" and I don't like change.  I preach change.  I don't like change.  I know I need change.  I don't like change.  I deal with it.  I don't like it.  My not liking change, ironically, doesn't change the fact that it is still coming.  I don't know what it is, I don't know how big or small or significant, I just feel it.  I know it's there, waiting for the right moment to appear.  This restless feeling will one day give way to content...but not before change happens.

Writing this all down I was reminded of one of my favorite songs from West Side Story...Somethings Coming...the Barbara Streisand version.  :)  Not going to link to Youtube but I know you can find the song there!

Could be! 
Who knows? 
There's something due any day; 
I will know right away, 
Soon as it shows. 
It may come cannonballing down through the sky, 
Gleam in its eye, 
Bright as a rose! 

Who knows? 
It's only just out of reach, 
Down the block, on a beach, 
Under a tree. 
I got a feeling there's a miracle due, 
Gonna come true, 
Coming to me! 

Could it be? Yes, it could. 
Something's coming, something good, 
If I can wait! 
Something's coming, I don't know what it is, 
But it is 
Gonna be great! 

With a click, with a shock, 
Phone'll jingle, door'll knock, 
Open the latch! 
Something's coming, don't know when, but it's soon; 
Catch the moon, 
One-handed catch! 

Around the corner, 
Or whistling down the river, 
Come on, deliver 
To me! 
Will it be? Yes, it will. 
Maybe just by holding still, 
It'll be there! 

Come on, something, come on in, don't be shy, 
Meet a guy, 
Pull up a chair! 
The air is humming, 
And something great is coming! 
Who knows? 
It's only just out of reach, 
Down the block, on a beach, 
Maybe tonight . . . 

No comments: