Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I know, right?

Today's rant comes courtesy of this inane saying that's taking over the world. I give you *I know, right?* Opinionated Friend started using this phrase and was on the receiving end of my very loving, caring request to STOP SAYING THAT!!! She was kind enough to agree that it's an annoying phrase used by people around her that she has picked up on. Another friend uses it all the time as well, but I'm not close enough to her to tell her to KNOCK IT OFF!!!! (I do realize that using all capital letters means I'm screaming. I'm screaming.)

When I say the phrase is taking over the world, I mean it. While in Iowa, Yo Momma and I went to lunch. We were seated and the waitress came over to take our order. She was a cheerful person who was very helpful there was just one problem, she used this phrase every other sentence. Not kidding. The phrase that I thought was just used in California has made it to Iowa. It's spreading!

Then yesterday R-girl, Blaise and I went to see this movie:
It was good, fun and just as satisfying as the first movie. I recommend it for a laugh and I'm not a Ben Stiller fan so that's saying something...but about a third of the way through one of the people in the movie says IT, that phrase that makes my ears hurt, *I know, right?*. STOP THE INSANITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make it stop, make it stop, for the love of all that's holy, make it stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thus ends today's rant.

No comments: