Monday, April 16, 2012

Wake up call

Every once in a while, we all need a wake up call.  No, I don't mean someone to literally call you on the phone and wake you up from sleeping, I mean that figuratively.

Recently my wake up call came in the form of Facebook posts.  Sometimes, in the midst of my pity-party-for-one moments, I need to be reminded that my life really isn't all that difficult or awful.  I don't like that these reminders come from the real-life experiences of people I know.

A few weeks back, a High School classmate lost her husband in a car accident.  She is due with their first baby in a couple of months.

Today, another High School classmate posted on Facebook that 13 years ago she was diagnosed with breast cancer.  That came after another post about two weeks ago that stated that she was having to go back on Chemo because the cancer had returned and is now at stage 4.  She has three children.

Praying, today, for people I know whose lives have been turned upside down and who refuse to stop fighting.


No comments: