Monday, May 19, 2008

Leaving...

I'm supposed to be meeting Trinity in a little over an hour to head to the Lake. Yes, my away time has arrived! I'm so ready to just be on the road and leaving some things behind, taking some things with me. It's time, time, time for a break!

Of course as I'm preparing for my time away there are always little things that crop up. I spent 3 1/2 hours yesterday doing last minute things so that I could leave. Like getting the summer calendar out for the youth groups and making sure all the notes are in place for my volunteers who are running group (thank you!), putting the songs in order next Sunday's worship team leader...because part of being away means I get a break from leading worship too! Oh and prepping stuff for R.A.W. last night. Throw in Church, a Staff Gathering, R.A.W. and the after-R.A.W. gathering and well, yesterday was busy.

Today I turned on my laptop to upload new songs onto my I-pod and most of the screen is well, just random lines in different colors. Pretty but not what I wanted to see. I managed to update my I-Pod despite this interference, but there is no way it's going to make it with me on my time away. Why do these things always happen when I want to take the laptop with me? So much for doing work on the laptop on study leave. Geesh.

One hour, 15 minutes before I'm officially away!

No comments: