Wednesday, December 2, 2009

My desk is overflowing with papers.
My brain is overflowing with things to be done.
My mouth has overflowed with things on my mind...
causing heated conversation...
for which there were apologies and finally understanding.
Chaos seems to be threatening to pull me under,
just when I feel like I've found a small amount of peace.

In the midst of chaos comes small moments.
The smile and compliment from church member M,
saying "Job well done on Sunday's message".
A recognition of the work that God is doing in my heart...
in his heart too.
The hug from church member B,
and the words "I pray for you."
A quick text with M relating moments of the day.
Laughing with A.
Grande Nonfat White Mocha with Whip...
paid for with a gift card...praise Jesus!

Small moments are good,
reminding that the chaos will soon ease...
into another type of chaos? Who knows.
I find myself longing for a day,
a day on a plane, heading toward a place
that has captured my heart,
to people that have captured my heart as well.
I find myself longing for a day,
a day to reflect and celebrate,
to push aside the chaos and rejoice.

"The angel said, 'Don't be afraid. I'm here to announce a great and joyful event that is meant for everybody, worldwide: A Savior has just been born in David's town, a Savior who is Messiah and Master."--Luke 2:11 The Message

No comments: