Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not the hairstyle I desire

For the past week I've been getting up extra early and taking my middle-school age cousins to school. Their Mom had to go out of town for family stuff and their Dad leaves for work early. G.G. picks them up from school, but I got the morning shift. Which is fine. I can change my routine and help out. I'm not complaining.

I've done surprisingly well with the change. I am not a morning person, but I've faked it and felt pretty productive the days that I went straight to work after dropping the girls off. That was, until this morning. I think it had to do with waking up at 4:45am to a consistent, irritating, unidentifiable sound outside...or was it inside? Didn't matter, I was awake off and on until 6:25 when the alarm I had forgotten to turn off, sounded. Then I "slept" in 15 minute increments until 7:22 when I pulled myself out of bed. Couldn't put it off any longer. That's when I saw it.

I don't know how it happens, I know that I could never replicate it if I tried. There on the top of my head was this hair. Wild, crazy, just woke up bed hair. My bangs were standing straight up from my head...but not quite straight cuz they did this little wavy thing at the top. I looked like a rooster. No joke. Brushing my hair only made it worse, it then fanned out a little and got bushy. How does this happen??!!

About a minute later the rooster look was replaced with the wet dog look followed by the put together Brittany look. I like that one much better...it also won't scare people in the school drop off zone quite as much. I'm so tired that maybe I won't move much during the night. Hopefully the rooster won't reappear in the morning...but I promised Papa Bear not to crow if it does.

No comments: