Monday, October 31, 2011

Today and other things

This morning I got to be a "room aunt".  Not a "room mom".  It was easier to describe myself as a kind-of-aunt to Creative Guy to the mom's that asked "which one is your child?".  K had asked me to go in and help with the craft project this morning.  She is the "room mom" and was in charge of getting snacks to the class and coming up with one craft project.  They did spiders out of Styrofoam balls and pipe cleaners.  Totally awesome! (I forgot to take a picture but let me just say, for someone who says she isn't crafty, K was crafty...in a good way!)

Creative Guy (the blond boy), K, Rebecca and Grace
I happen to know Creative Guy's teacher.  I was a care provider at her son's daycare when he was Creative Guy's age...which was about 12 years ago.  Sigh.  Anyway, Creative Guy's teacher recruited me for the Bingo Table as opposed to helping with the spider craft (don't worry another Mom helped K).  It was fun to just hang out with them.  Creative Guy was excited that I was there too.  He looked at his friend Grace and said "Isn't it so exciting that Brittany is here?!".  Too cute.

In the afternoon I went to coffee with LN.  As we were talking something that has been kinda rolling around in my brain came to the surface.  While I'm waiting for a job to come along, I think I need to find a place to volunteer.  Helping in Creative Guy's classroom filled some time that I would have otherwise wasted away.  So as I look for a job, I'm going to look for a place to volunteer as well.

In other news, this coming weekend I am joining Miss P and family at Disney on Ice.  Which hopefully will NOT be my car sliding around on the black ice or snow that is promised to be on the pavement in the mountains this weekend but will actually be Lightening McQueen and Mickey Mouse gliding gracefully across an ice rink.  I'm looking forward to hanging out with Miss P and family!

In true aunt fashion, I can't resist sharing this picture of Miss P coloring her pumpkin.  She took this job seriously!


No comments: