Wednesday, January 4, 2012

It's all about the journey

The day isn't over yet, but I'm going to classify this as a good day.  An adjustment (it's great to have a chiropractor for a friend!), coffee with LN and a haircut all by noon.  Awesome.

I've been getting my haircut by the same person for almost 20 years, so our conversations are much more personal than superficial.  Today was a really good conversation.  I've been feeling pretty down lately, struggling with so many things and when I sat down in that seat I was ready for a transformation.  I expected it to be my hair, not my attitude though!  I got both.  In just an hour it was confirmed that I am A.) not the only one struggling with singleness, B.) not the only one wondering just what God is doing with my life and C.) not the only one who would just like some answers and direction, thankyouverymuch.  It was a good hour...and I have less hair.  YAY! 

The rest of the afternoon was spent hunting down bargains.  I exchanged a present for Yo Momma and wound up buying stocking stuffers for next Christmas at a really good deal.  Score!  Then went to the calendar store and bought a new calendar.  Though I have one of Little Miss P for the year, I love calendars and can't have enough.  The year I worked for Calendar Club I had tons of them!  Plus I learned to NEVER, EVER buy a calendar before Christmas.  They just get marked down 50% the day after Christmas.  I can wait.

There was a great sale at the bath store, so I spent the rest of a gift card and 4 cents there before heading over to Panda Express where I received the following fortune:  "Your happiness depends on your outlook on life."  Hmmmm...seemed to go along with some things that I had been talking about that morning in the beauty shop.

It's been a good day.  I feel content, for the moment.  Tomorrow will bring other emotions I am sure.  This rollercoaster time of life is challenging.  There are good days and there are the really awful ones and the in between days.  I'm learning to go with the flow and working at being present to the moment.  It's all about the journey.

No comments: