Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Again with the car?

I got in my car this afternoon at the transit center, put the key in the ignition, pushed the clutch to the floor and turned the key.  It went vr-vr-vr-vr-vr-vroom.  If you aren't aware, I drive a Mustang GT V8.  It usually doesn't vr-vr-vr, it just VROOMS.

I stopped at the drugstore, made a purchase and got back in.  Same thing, vr-vr-vr-vr-vr-vroom.  I went to my appointment with K.  I was her last patient of the day, so we walked out to our cars together.  She got in her car and drove away.  I got in my car and put the key in the ignition, pushed the clutch to the floor and turned the key.  It went vrrrrr...clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.

Lovely.

Papa Bear was called.  He came to the rescue.  We had to go back home for some other tools.  We went back.  It still went clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.  He worked on the battery, which I haven't looked at since installing the new radio a couple of years ago.  Since I don't have to disconnect the battery in the hopes that doing so will reset the CD player and therefore spit out the CD that is stuck, well, I don't tend to look at the battery.  The connections were pretty corroded.  He cleaned them up, I put the key in the ignition, pushed the clutch to the floor and turned the key.  clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick.

Papa Bear looked around.  "If we push it over there, we can jump it by popping the clutch and shifting into 2nd."  All I heard was "push it, jump it, do something you've never done, run into K & N's building, big disaster."  I pushed the car, Papa Bear jump started it.

Last month I bought a new drivers seat.  This month it's looking like a new battery and 2 new tires and the brakes need some attention as well.  Just when I think I'm getting ahead...eh, it could be worse, at least I can ride the bus.

No comments: