Monday, May 14, 2012

Blogging

I woke up at 2am this morning.  I didn't really fall back into any good semblance of sleep until, well 6am, of course because I needed to be up by 6:30.  Oh well.

I woke up at 2am after dreaming about two people that I don't really know all that well.  I've met one, never met the other.  It was a funny dream, actually.  While I could picture one of them, I couldn't picture the other.  I know them because of their blogs.  The blogging world is funny, it can seem like you know someone so well because of what is written on a blog.  It's not true.  I write a few blogs, I keep a lot to myself, though a lot is told as well.

Anyway, I've read their blogs for years.  A few years back, I remember sitting in the airport in Charlotte, North Carolina reading one of these blogger's post's and crying, literally crying, for them and what was happening at that moment in time.  Crying.  For a stranger.  In an airport.  I did the same in the last year for the other blogger, the one I've met, though I wasn't in an airport.

Last night I was dreaming about these two bloggers.  I woke up worried for them and  so happy for them at the same time.  I prayed for the new things happening in their lives, for the journey God has them on and for the witness, they both are, to the world.  I also prayed for strength and protection and so much more.

I woke up at 2am, this morning, reminded that the road with God is not just paved with smooth stones, but a lot of rocks and boulders as well .  I woke up at 2am, grateful to be a witness (in a very, very loose sense of that word) to the power of God's love in the world, reminded of hope.

This world of blogging, is a little surreal sometimes.


No comments: