Sunday, May 6, 2012

What I'm watching

I had lunch with my friend Kimi the other day (Hi Kimi!).  Just before we left the restaurant, we started talking about the TV shows we've been watching lately.  I started to say "nothing" and then realized, that I do, indeed watch a lot of TV shows...just maybe not when they first air because I am a commuting, working girl and I fall asleep early these days!  So sad.

There are a lot of deep, whiny posts wrestling in my brain.  I'm tired of my brain, so here, in no specific order is what I'm watching these days:

Once Upon a Time.  Oh.My.Goodness I love this show.  The premise is the people in the town of Storybrooke are fairy tale characters trapped in the modern world because of a curse the Evil Queen made.  There are only a handful of people in the town that know about the curse, and the truth of who the people in the town actually are.  Love.it.

Scandal.  This one is pretty new, so I'm not 100% hooked...yet.  It mixes some of my favorite things though, the "insiders" view of Washington DC, with a little romance, a little intrigue and a whole lotta strong female lead character.

Fairly Legal.  Again, strong female lead, a little bit of intrigue, a little bit of romance and some snappy writing.  It works for me.  I haven't gotten fully into the newest season, but again, I can't seem to stay awake past 9pm, so...

Say Yes to the Dress...any edition.  Weddings, women and dresses always makes for good drama.  I'm becoming more and more convinced that weddings make perfectly sane people completely insane...especially after watching these shows!

Then there are the shows that are still in production but are also in reruns to which I regularly fall asleep but not because they are boring!  Because I am!

Big Bang Theory.  I really thought I was not going to like this show.  I was wrong.  I LOVE it.

NCIS.  Gibbs, McGee, Abby, Ducky, Tony, Ziva and Jimmy...need I say more?  :)  I personally love the constant reruns of this show.  Makes me happy.

Finally, there are three shows that I'm looking forward to their return from hiatus:

The Closer.  Love me some Brenda Lee!  I am going to miss this show when it ends. :(

Necessary Roughness.  I saw the previews for this show and thought, eh.  Then I watched it.  Snappy dialogue, strong main character and a little "behind the scenes" view.  Plus getting to the bottom of people's issues.  Ahhhh, if only life could be figured out in an hour long episode.

Rizolli and Isles.  Yes, there is a theme here...strong female leads, kicking some booty.  It's all good.  :)

So, what are you watching these days?

No comments: