Saturday, August 11, 2007

Just rambling...

I always feel like I should have something important, special, well thought out to say here. There are a number of things running through my head right now, so I'll just put them down in dot form and leave it at that!
  • VBS ended last night. We had a good week with only one hiccup. I'm even willing to lead the songs again next year...just as long as we have someone else do the closing music!
  • I am not a fan of flea markets. They are a great fundraiser but can be such a hassle. I'm very, very grateful for people like Sandy who are willing to put up with the hassle to raise money for the Mississippi team.
  • I'm ready for a week off...vacation is just two weeks away! YES!
  • I'm not ready, however, for school to be back in session. I like summer and hanging out with students during the day!
  • It really irks me when people say they are going to do something and then don't follow through, especially when I'm counting on them. My "don't rely on other people" instincts get fired up and that's not good people!
  • I like "Jesus-is-my-boyfriend" music also known as "Praise Music". I just need it in writing. I like leading the worship team on Sunday mornings in "praise music". I like drums, electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass, keyboards and harmony vocals. AND, I like Hymns, though I prefer hymns that are actually singable, as opposed to ones that drag or that get way too high...same with "Praise" music.
  • Why is it that PowerPoint can play all the songs on my computer except the three that I want on the slide show for tomorrow?

And with that said, it's time for me to sign off, set the alarm and get some sleep before church tomorrow. It's Mission Report Sunday and we're having a BBQ after church to say thanks to our sponsors. A long day is in store!

Nighty-nite!

No comments: