This is my first go-round with the Friday Five from Revgalblogpals. Since I'm leaving Sunday for a Road Trip with some of my High School students it seemed very appropriate to begin my foray into the Friday Fives with this one! Happy reading!
Singing Owl says: "We will be at a chaplain's convention when you all are answering the Friday Five Questions. I'll look forward to reading your answers next week when I get home. At the moment we are trying to get the car loaded so we can hit the road, so this will be a simple F.F. This running around madly in order to leave has me wondering: what are the five things you simply must have when you are away from home? And why? Any history or goofy things, or stories?"
- A credit card--Yo Momma and I always joke as we leave the house that if we ever get somewhere and find that we've forgotten something than we can just buy what we need. Thus, the credit card which came in happen when I actually forgot...
- My toiletry bag--it's awesome holds everything that I need and I never go away without it...except that one time when I was going to a friends wedding and left my toiletry bag fully loaded hanging in my room at home. Thank goodness for the above mentioned credit card and all night drug stores.
- Books--K and N can speak to this...I took over 10 books on our trip to Mexico a couple of years ago. My suitcase was pretty heavy. (I read all but 1 of those books BTW.)
- I-pod--it used to be CD's and sometimes still depending on how I'm traveling. Though those I-pod car adapter things are pretty good.
- Sunglasses--thus the "raccoon" look that is a constant look for me during the summer...but my eyes are being protected!
- Gum--yep, couldn't just do five things. Gum is my travel essential. I always wind up sharing with the people I'm traveling with too. It keeps coffee breath at bay and it's just so much fun to blow bubbles!