Songbird over at RevGalBlogPals says:
It's that time of year, at least north of the equator. The windows are still open, but the darned furnace comes on early in the morning. My husband went out for a walk after an early supper and came home in full darkness. And yes, where we live, leaves are beginning to turn.As this vivid season begins, tell us five favorite things about fall:
1) A fragrance--I love the smell of cinnamon and apples. Always brings a smile to my face.
2) A color--We don't get a whole lot of leaves changing colors here in sunny, mild California, but there are a few. One in particular has leaves that turn a beautiful red-orange...that's my favorite color of fall.
3) An item of clothing--Black sweatpants. I'm wearing them now. Comfy, stretchy, warm and they look good...of course they are getting worn out and I need a new pair but they don't make them anymore. :(
4) An activity--I don't do it very often, but I love going pumpkin hunting. I like wandering through the pumpkin patch picking and choosing just the right pumpkin. I don't love gutting the pumpkin though...yuck!
5) A special day--Technically it's not in the fall, it's the last day of summer...my birthday! It means that fall is just a day away!