Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Political Ranting

Yo Momma and I are in Oregon getting a little culture this week...just think Shakespeare. We've seen a couple of great plays, eaten at our favorite restaurant, walked through the town, walked through the park, relaxed on our balcony with our books and we've been watching a little news too...which is never a good thing because I get myself all worked up and then Yo Momma has to listen to me steam for awhile. I've been steaming all day though and think maybe it's time to let a little of that steam out...I don't normally talk politics (with anyone outside my family and very close friends) so this may be a once in a blog time thing.

As a citizen of the United States of America who will be voting in the next election, I hope that I will be given all or as much information as possible about any candidate to make an informed and wise decision on my elected officials. I do not care if that candidate is male or female, Caucasian, Hispanic, African American, Asian or of any other ethnic group nor if they are Republican, Democrat, Independent, Green Party, Libertarian or what. I want to know their history, their values, their ideals and dreams. I want to know about their family life, their stance of many different issues and what experience they have had. I want to know what drives them, what makes them tick, what motivates them and most certainly how they may react in a tough situation. Most of all I want to know if they are going to be above board or if they are going to be sneaky and hateful (though I tend to believe that at some level all politicians are sneaky). If any public official has a problem with that then maybe they should rethink their day job.

Okay, rant on political issues now over. Thanks for reading.

No comments: