Monday, September 8, 2008

Presbymeme II

Presbyterian Gal tagged me for the Presbymeme II last week when I was on vacation and not really focused on blogging (except for a little storm watching and ranting). But I'm back home and ready to answer the questions! Here's the rules:
  • In about 25 words each, answer the five questions below.
  • Tag 3 Presbyterian bloggers and send them a note to let them know they were tagged.

  • Be sure to link to this original post.

1) What is your favorite faith-based hymn, song or chorus?

It's a combo Hymn-Praise Song...Take My Life (and let it be consecrated Lord to Thee) with a chorus by Chris Tomlin. Super combo of older and newer.

2) What was the context, content and/or topic of the last sermon that truly touched, convicted, inspired, challenged, comforted and/or otherwise moved you?
No matter where you find yourself, no matter what you are doing, God is calling you to shine where you are. In all situations, shine where you are.

3) If you could have all Presbyterians read just one of your previous posts, what would it be and why?
This one. It talks about one of the issues that I hear about the most in the church (worship music) and my experience with how God can use music to reach us...featuring above named song.


4) What are three PC(USA) flavored blogs you read on a regular basis?

Just three? Presbyterian Gal, Cheesehead in Paradise, and Yeah, but Houdini didn't have these hips. There are a lot more though.


5) If the PC(USA) were a movie, what would it be and why?

This one...

Only 25 words? New (stepmom) vs. Established (mom) and how they figure out how to work together for the good of the the children and how they had to learn from each other in order for each to survive. Maybe it's more my hope for the PC(USA).

Okay so I don't know many who haven't done this meme so I'm gonna say if you are in the PC(USA) and you haven't done this yet consider yourself tagged!

4 comments:

Reyes-Chow said...

Nice call on "Stepmom" though it does make me cry every time.

Lori said...

I love your #2! Have you read Corrie Ten-Boom's autobiography? I'll send it to you if you haven't.

And I like your movie pick. Like BR-C, it makes me cry too.

Jules said...

Thanks for the mention. I really, really need to do this meme!

Brittany said...

PG--I haven't read that book yet. It may be in our church library though.

As for "Stepmom", I cry too.