Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Um...yeah

Last week the keyboard on my work computer all of a sudden stopped working. Being the technogeek-wannabe that I am, I wiggled a few cords and it started working! Yea!

Today in the middle of trying to make a purchase at the $100 store online, my keyboard went out again. In the process of wiggling the cords I managed to hit the power cord which of course sent work computer into failure mode. Work computer flashed off and then on again. It started up with this message

"Keyboard Auxiliary Failure: Press F1 to continue or F2 to enter set-up". Being the great rule follower that I am, I pressed F1...wait for it, wait for it, yeah. If the keyboard is failing pressing F1 or F2 isn't going to help.

Technogeek-wannabe just got an F. But in my defense the really Technogeek people who wrote the program that put that message up either have a really good sense of humor or they weren't thinking very well either.

No comments: