Sunday, August 21, 2011

Something to remember

The people pleasing, perfectionist part of me would love to make every one in the world happy.  If life ran the way I prefer, I would do or say the right thing, in other people's eyes, all the time.  I've faced the reality that I can't.  I do not like that reality but there it is, in black and white.  In reality, I am a mistake filled person who can't always please people.  Not perfect, not pleasing, just me.

The reality of my life is that I live in the grace of a God who loves me and forgives me.  I live in the presence of a God who knows my insecurities, my weaknesses, my temptations, my faults and my strengths.  I follow a God who knows where the deepest hurts are in my life, a God who brings those hurts to the surface little by little to deal with, to expose to the air and help them to heal.

I walk with a God who doesn't withhold love even when I'm at my lowest, ugliest, most fragile, tender, broken points.  I am a Christ follower who messes up regularly and is forgiven and loved anyway.  Trying to remember that today.

No comments: