Friday, August 5, 2011

What am I ready for?

VBS ended today.  It was a good week.  Nothing overly dramatic happened.  The kids had fun, the songs went well.  Jesus was proclaimed.  It was a good week.

This week to come is one of wrapping things up.  There are still a few things on the wall in my office, but most of the things that came with me or that have been added over the years have been taken down, packed away and are ready to be brought home.  Which leaves me a lot of time to contemplate and clean.

People, as should be expected, have been asking about my future.  What I'm going to do.  I've tried to envision the future and I can't.  I can't seem to think of anything but taking a vacation, taking time off and just relaxing for awhile.  I am ready for a break.  That's all I know.  Which makes the Friday Five over at RevGals very appropriate for me today.  One of the things that I would like to accomplish in my time off is to take all the boxes in the garage that have all of my stuff in them, off the shelves and go through them.  Then I would love to tackle the closet in my room and empty out all the things in there.  And somewhere, in this between job time I want to take my car in and get the brakes checked, the windows fixed and detail it really, really well.  Poor car has been neglected lately.

Which leads to the next thing.  There's a part of me that really wants to get in my car and drive.  I had thoughts of driving north, up into other states and exploring but there's circumstances keeping me from that.  I would love to jump in my car and drive across the country and explore.  Or drive to Mississippi and show up on Ben's doorstep ready to finish the sheet rock on the Yellow House.  The call of the open road is echoing loudly in my ears right now.  I just want to drive away.

One week to go...

No comments: