Saturday, August 13, 2011

One more day...and a link

In 24 hours I will have officially ended my time as employee at church.  It won't be the last time I will be at the church but for right now, I will be worshiping God elsewhere.  It's a big step.  A big journey.  I'm excited about the new adventure.  Excited about where God may take me.  It's good. 

Tomorrow, however, will not pass without a bazillion tears shed.  As I told Yo Momma recently, this is a good-bye of sorts.  Sure, in a couple of weeks I'll be at the VBS re-cap meeting and a couple of weeks after that at the church campout (cuz I just need to) but tomorrow I turn in my church key and this chapter of life as Youth Director will be closed.  It's a good-bye.  The journey has been full of adventures and joys as well as heartaches and despair.  I wouldn't trade it for anything...anything.

I've learned a lot along the way.  I've learned about who I am, who I want to be and what kind of person I was created to be.  I've learned about where my passions are and where they are not.  I've experienced great success and great failure.  I've also come away with a picture of who God is for me.  Not every Christians picture of God is the same, much to my utter dismay.  But occasionally I find someone who sees God like I see God.  Today, I came across an article I'd read a couple of years ago but was reprinted on a blog for today.  The God that is talked about in this article...that's my kind of God.  I'm grateful for the opportunity to have learned that over the last 12 years.

No comments: