Thursday, December 15, 2011

A scattered blog post

I've started and stopped a billion blogs posts over the last couple of days...okay maybe 3...my brain is going in a million different directions and what I really want to do is make it stop for awhile.  So I've been baking and making things and shopping for Christmas presents on my very limited budget and looking for jobs and applying for a couple and waiting for the phone to ring and making plans for a trip or two and doing whatever I can to just not think!  My evasive manuevers cease to work about 5am in the morning when I am wide awake thinking, then praying, then thinking, then praying, then turning on the TV so I will stop thinking!  There is nothing on at 5am, btw.  Annoying.

Last time I was with Lil Bro and New Sis we watched Pirates of the Caribbean part 4.  Seeing as how I hadn't watched 1, 2 or 3 this viewing has then required me to start at the very beginning.  I semi-watched part 3 the other night.  I felt confused the whole way through.  I need to view it again without distractions.  So far, #2 is my favorite.

Part of my baking/cooking spree has included making Aunt C's white chocolate fudge.  Her recipe calls for walnuts and cranberries, of which I had neither when I went to make it.  So I added apricots and pecans instead.  Yo Momma informed me last night that I need to make more.  It's really, good.  In addition I've made Milk Chocolate Fudge with cranberries and walnuts (after a trip to Costco), Peanut butter chocolate fudge, Walnut Cheese sticks, Oatmeal M&M cookies and Peanut Kiss Blossoms.  I'm working on Snowman Brownie Pops for a party tomorrow, another batch of apricot pecan fudge and probably Oatmeal Raisin cookies, seeing as how Uncle R will be around this weekend installing a new floor at our house. 

For the last 5 years I've been in a frenzy at this time of the year.  Not just because Christmas was coming but because I was preparing for a Mission trip to Mississippi either the day after Christmas, the week before Christmas or the whole Christmas vacation. I will admit to feeling a little lost and very sad to not be going to Mississippi.  Life changes but sometimes it's just hard to deal with those changes!

I did decide, however, to take a leap of faith and will be heading to Joplin, Missouri with the youth at the church I currently attend (and work for one day a week).  It's not until April and could cause a problem with any potential job but that's okay I'll deal with it.  I'm excited to be a part of a team going to help people again!

That's all for now.  Off to wrap some presents.  Only 10 more days til Christmas!

No comments: