Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Train Guy

It's been awhile since I talked about Train Guy. Life has changed and he now goes to a Preschool on Fridays so my Friday dates with Train Guy have come to an end. Sigh. Adventure Boy and I still have a standing date though, so don't feel too sorry for me.


Train Guy and I spent some time together yesterday. He's 3 1/2 and very independent now. When I picked him up from Preschool the first thing out of his teachers mouth was "He had an accident at nap time and changed his clothes himself." He did a great job. Not sure how he got his pants inside out but the shirt on backwards just made it all make sense. Train Guy was not just a normal Train Guy though, he was a Train Cowboy Guy yesterday. Engineers cap, inside out backwards clothes and cowboy boots. I should have taken a picture.


We talked about all kinds of things on the way to pick up Adventure Boy. At one point we were talking about something sad that has happened in his life and he said "It's kind of boring." Boring, sad, pretty much the same word huh?


After getting Adventure Boy we stopped by my house to pick up Yo Momma (I was the designated taxi driver). Yo Momma was taking off her socks, which prompted Train Guy to remember that some people go to bed without underwear. I really, really, really tried not to laugh hysterically at that point but Oh. My. Gosh. was that funny. I would love to know how all of that came together in his head but for now, I'm just going to laugh to myself and thank God for Train Guy. Life would be pretty dull without him.

No comments: