Monday, June 2, 2008

Weekend in review

Last Monday at this time I was driving home from a rest-filled time away with God. What a difference a week makes!

Yo Momma is healing pretty well but has spent the days since Wednesday either in her chair or in bed. Papa Bear and I have been doing our best to be good bedside helpers but it's pretty strange to be in this role reversal...for both of us! We'll find out this week if she will be in a cast for 4 weeks or if the cast will come off and physical therapy will begin.

Friday night I had purchased tickets to the Giants game as an early Father's Day present. Yo Momma wisely chose to stay home so Papa Bear and I had Fun Guy join us for the evening. I like going to the ballgame but can't stand watching it on TV. Much more fun to root in person and hope to catch a foul ball or something! Though our seats are never in the places where the foul balls fly too. Did get to see the first triple play by the Giants in 9 years. Very exciting. We finally left at the top of the 13th inning when it seemed like the game was going to drag on forever. Of course the minute we left, the excitement happened. Giants lost. We found a great parking lot that's WAY cheaper than the regular places...gonna have to remember that for next time.

Saturday a couple of my students came over and we baked bread to serve at Communion Sunday morning. The bread turned out really well and had the house smelling very yummy. Adventure Boy and Train Guy joined us for a little while. After not seeing them for a couple of weeks, it was nice to have them around.

Sunday was Youth Sunday and our annual Church Picnic, which meant extra work time for me! I love watching the youth come alive on these days, taking their parts seriously yet with humor and joy. There was a different air about the worship service, less formality and more joy. I think we miss out on joy a lot in worship, so having the youth remind us of the joy of worship was good. Of course having students speak and bring the whole congregation to tears isn't such a bad thing either. God is definitely alive in these students.

I did, though, miss the big movie screening that I was looking forward too. I had to cancel on Friday and by the time it came around to the free time I had on Sunday afternoon all I wanted to do was crawl up on my bed and sleep...which is exactly what I did. Guess I'll just have to schedule it in sometime this week!

No comments: