Thursday, November 20, 2008

I've been watching way too much TV

Being sick has it's advantages and disadvantages. Advantage: time off. Disadvantage: time off being sick. All I've had brain power for is to stare blankly the TV and fall asleep, amongst the whole trying to breathe thing. Today I realized that I was feeling much better because I had a thought during that TV time.

I've been watching those Makeover shows on TV. Two particular ones.
This one:
and this one:

I did a little digging and the first one the individual has to send in a request themselves to be on the show. The second one friends nominate them and the individual gets bombarded by the hosts and have to make a split second decision about whether or not to be made over.

Now, I can understand in the second show a persons reluctance to hear that their wardrobe is not up to par, needs to be thrown out, how their hair is bad and needs to be changed, etc., etc. (though sometimes the one host could be a little more gentle). They didn't really ask for this to happen to them. I have sympathy for the person.

The first show, though, I have no sympathy for them. If you've put a request in for someone to come in and revamp your wardrobe and style then ditch the attitude! You've ASKED for it! Geesh.

Yep, I'm feeling better.

2 comments:

trinity said...

That's what I watched while sick too. I was flipping back and forth, because they were on at the same time. And I had the same thought. Thinking I might nominate myself for the first one, not because I don't know how to dress but because look at all the stuff you get, and they get rid of all your old stuff. Brilliant. Probably won't though.

(by the way the word verification was...be cured...now its like a fortune teller or a faith healer...weird)

Brittany said...

I thought about nominating myself but then I really don't need to be on TV for that. If they could just come and help without the added TV humilation that would be great...which unless I move within a 35 mile radius of NYC it ain't gonna happen, darn those rules!

Are you cured yet?