Friday, April 29, 2011

Friday Five: Royal Wedding Edition

Songbird @ RevGals says:  Admittedly the media attention directed at a certain wedding is a tad askew given the challenges our world faces, yet for some it is an appreciated diversion. I'm at kathrynzj's house, along with her mom and sister, for a pre-dawn pajama party complete with scones! And while the DVR will cover us if we oversleep, the participants in the actual wedding had better have someone to get them to the church on time.

With kathrynzj's help, here is a Royal Wedding Friday Five:


1) Will you be watching? If so, is this your first royal wedding?
No alarm setting in my world...just an internal clock that is all haywire.  I woke up in time to see Prince William begin walking down the aisle.  Then couldn't go back to sleep until it was over.  This was my first royal wedding but not my first royal event.  I was up in the wee hours of the morning for Princess Diana's funeral.

2) The bride has chosen as her wedding cake a fruitcake. Where do you stand on this pastry?
Really?  She chose fruitcake?!  No thank you.

3) The dress code for royal weddings has not seen the same sad decline as that for most other weddings. If you could design your own royal wedding hat, what color would it be and what special decoration would it feature?
Honestly, this is one dress code thing I could do without.  I am SO not a hat person.  The thing perched on top of of one if the cousin's heads (Eugenia?  Beatrice?) had me talking to the TV...what was that?

4)  Any chance the Archbishop of Canterbury is using a Sustainable Sermon (tip of the mitre to the Vicar of Hogsmeade)? What would you tell the couple were you offering the homily?
I absolutely LOVED what the Bishop said!  I don't think I would change much about it!  In fact, I may borrow some of his thoughts for a wedding that I get to be a part of in July.  The cord of three strands not being easily broken came to mind as I was listening...wait, did he actually mention that?  It was too early.  I also loved Romans 12 being read during the service. 

5) Believe it or not, kathrynzj is getting up early mostly to see the wedding dress. By the time this post is up, the world will have seen it. Did you like it?
That's why I turned on the TV when I woke up.  I really liked the wedding dress.  LOVED the lace sleeves.  Loved that she had sleeves!  I did, however, get a little frustrated watching her walk down the aisle and the train wasn't even on both sides...wanted to stop everything and fix it.  Yeah, a little OCD tendencies in me.  

No comments: