Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Take four

Yesterday my AC adapter/power cord for the laptop died.  The little blue light on the adapter says it's charging but my computer says no it's not.  Sigh.

This has been an ongoing saga.  Power cord number one died suddenly.  I emailed the company, they sent out a replacement.  It worked for about a year.  It was on the 3rd or 4th Mississippi trip that cord number 2 died.  Just up and died.  Would not charge the computer at all.  I gave up on the company cords and went for the universal power cord.  It was a huge investment...huge!  But the power cord has lasted...ah yes, now I remember.  It's been 3 power cords but three "tips" for the universal power cord.  The first tip and the floor had a "falling out".  The computer slid off the couch right onto the power cord tip.  Nice.  Which is when I found out one can buy replacement tips for universal cords.  In my wisdom I bought two.  Just recently, after retrieving the computer from the repair shop, I realized that tip number 2 had mysteriously been swapped out by said repair shop...or the power cord was...now that might make the story change a bit here...anyway, I was grateful that I had thought to buy an extra replacement tip.  So it was on tip three...and then the power cord died yesterday.  Which, now that I think about it, may not even be my power cord but someone else's...naaahhhh it had all the same scratches on it, just the wrong tip.

So here I am, with power cord number four.  I am happy to report, though, that in cleaning off my desk at work, I found a coupon for $15 off a purchase of $75 or more and so I saved money on this power cord...yes they are that expensive.  I don't want to have to purchase number 5.

No comments: