Saturday, November 26, 2011

A small Friday Five

I missed the Friday Five over at RevGals this week but I read it on Google Reader (love, love, love that service!).  This time the Friday Five was on gifts that we have received throughout the year...only they couldn't be store bought gifts, more of the gifts that life brings.  Anyway, it got me thinking about the the gifts I have been given this year, tangible and intangible.  In the midst of that musing, it dawned on me that one of the gifts that I have received is one that I semi-wished for for years.  It's the gift of time.

I remember thinking a few times during my time as Youth Director that all I really wanted was just a few months off.  A few months to do nothing, to just enjoy life, to have space to think, to relax and to breathe.  So here I am, with just what I wanted and what do I find myself doing...wanting to work.  Ha!

I am grateful for the gift of time and the gift of perspective...even when I whine about it. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I believe God has great things ahead for you. (In the church, but you knew that.)