Saturday, March 31, 2012

Joplin Bound

Having an employer with a motto of "Service Above Self" is a good thing.  They didn't even blink when I said, at my initial interview, that I would be in Joplin, Missouri this week.  In fact, they are even letting me make up hours when I get back.  So awesome!

Today I join 32 of my closest HSCC friends and one favorite from FPC.  We'll be spending a week in Joplin helping with Tornado Recovery work.  In a little twist of irony, my friend Tom from Mississippi called me soon after the tornado hit last May and asked if I would be willing to take a group to Joplin.  I'm sure you all know my response.  :)  It turned out that there were plenty of other groups going at that time but here I am, almost a year later, making the trek.  I'm not sure what to pray for this week besides an openness and willingness to follow God.

If you would like to check on our progress, you can go here -->hsccyouth.org<-- , click on the "Oasis" circle and follow the link on that page to get all the latest updates and photos and maybe even some video blogs from the students.

See you in a week (unless I get computer access and then you never know!)

No comments: