Monday, June 20, 2011

Because I know you are anxious for an update...

Hop-a-long is still with us.  Tonight, upon arriving home, I opened up the house to air it out (84 degrees upstairs...yikes!).  Within seconds of walking away from the door I heard the sound, the "hop-hop-hop" of this injured blue jay that has adopted our house.  The other night I heard the sound, the unmistakable sound of an animal in distress.  It was such a high pitch screech that I was sure Hop-a-long had met his demise.  The next afternoon, I spied him again, though, hopping underneath the trees.

A couple of mornings ago I heard an awful racket outside my window (at a time when I should have been asleep).  I peeked through the blinds to see Hop-a-long being picked on by two other blue jays.  Of course, I couldn't let that happen...just one little tap on the window and the bully blue jays scattered...and so did Hop-a-long.

Every time I leave or when I come home, I'm checking to see if Hop-a-long is still around.  That's a bad sign.  I'm getting attached to an injured blue jay.  Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What have your parents done to you? Compassion is not a bad thing and if you keep feeding Hop-a-long, he'll keep greeting you at the door and you'll get to keep cleaning the walkway. Hee, Hee

Yo,Momma