Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Schedule

It's VBS week...that's Vacation Bible School, for those who are curious.  Not for the church that I am employed with but for the church down the street and around the corner.  A couple of years ago I was asked to lead music for them.  I said sure and have been doing so ever since.  It's always fun to see how other groups run their programs, helps keep the creativity flowing.  I also enjoy the fact that all I do is lead the band.  That's it.  I play 3 songs at the beginning, 2 songs at the end and am done.  This year they have increased the song load, so we have wound up doing 4 songs at the beginning and 3 at the end.  Not a big deal, it's fun. 

As fun as that is, the reality always strikes me about this time during the week that I still have my regular job to do.  Morning VBS really wreaks havoc with my schedule!  My usual schedule allows me to have most mornings free, seeing as how I work a lot of evening hours.  VBS means I have to be at neighbor church at 8:30am.  Today, I went from VBS, to work church for a staff meeting, to a lunch with K and Creative Guy, to work church and then to the beach with the youth groups.  Really, not a bad afternoon, but I left my house at 8:10am and arrived home at 8pm...to a house that had been closed up all day long, it was 86 degrees inside, and plants that needed attention.  Yeah, VBS messes with my schedule.  But it sure is fun!

No comments: