Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I've notice lately that we humans are quick to complain and slow to be thankful.  I know that I fall into that category many times without really realizing it.  So I am instituting Thankful Thursdays.  I know that there are things to be thankful for in life.  I also know that when I focus on the positive aspects of life I am a happier person.  I don't like, um, well, witchy Brittany (just change out a letter and you will know what I really wanted to say right there).  I like thankful Brittany much, much better.

The rules will be simple, every Thursday I will find at least 5 things to be thankful for and write them down here.  Y'all can join in too...just leave a comment with what you are thankful for today.  You know you want to!   :)


1.  High School/Young Adult Bible Study.  It was fun to share, be challenged and watch the conversation flow throughout the room last night.  Good energy!

2.  300+ VBS kids and their 100+ leaders dancing, singing and having a blast!  Not to mention the awesome band!!  Yes, that is a cheeseburger hat on my head.

3.  Space to think and breathe and rejuvenate.  I love my housemates, but it's nice to have the house to myself sometimes.

4.  Pictures.  I've been going through a lot of pictures lately, remembering times gone by with the youth.  There are a lot of great memories associated with those pictures.

5.  Balloons.   A year ago March, my office was "decorated".  Some wonderful friends filled it with balloons and streamers.  Turns out that some of the balloons popped while they were decorating and the pieces of those balloons were hidden in special places.  I just found one such piece yesterday in a book.  I put it back in it's hiding place when I was done with the book.  There is still one balloon and parts of two of the streamers still decorating my office.  Not gonna take them down til the last second!  :) 


There are my five for today...what are yours?

No comments: