Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dreaming

I've been having very vivid dreams recently...okay, in the last 5 weeks since I quit my job.  There have been the dreams that I've expected--like the one's after I left the church where people were mean and my feelings were hurt and then life fell apart, none of that happened in real life, just my dreams--but then there have been the ones that I've not expected.

The other night my dream focused on the new Youth Director for the church.  I know him.  Actually when I quit, he came to mind immediately as someone who might be interested in the job.  I think he will be great.  All that said my insecurities came out in the dream where he went into the job and then immediately criticized everything that I had previously done. I woke feeling anxious and stressed out. 

Last night I dreamed about my friend Cora who passed away recently.  Her memorial service is coming up in a couple of weeks and I am obviously anxious about that!  In my dream it went horribly.  I can't remember all the details but suffice to say I woke up in a panic and really, really frustrated with the whole service...that hasn't even happened yet!

I don't mind dreams.  I know that they are actually my brains way of working things out and can shine a lot of light onto what I am feeling beneath the surface.  Sometimes, though, I don't really want to know what's beneath the surface and would just like to have weird dreams, like the one where Kanda had eyelashes that were two inches long (which BTW, I met someone this weekend whose eyelashes were so long I had to stop myself from commenting on them! I literally almost blurted out "I had a dream about your eyelashes only they were on someone else!")

Turns out that I'm not the only one dreaming.  As I shared all of this with K this afternoon, she related a dream she had about me getting an administrative assistant job for a way-lot-of-money and moving...though not moving far.  Well, one can hope that dreams become reality, right?  :)

No comments: