Friday, September 16, 2011

Seeking

It's almost Saturday and I'm finally getting around to looking at today's blogs.  The RevGals Friday Five was on seeking and it struck a chord with me.  So here are 5 things I am seeking right now.  I'm not going to link it over to the Friday Five but it's fun just the same!

1.  Contentment.  God knows where my discontentment lies and we've been having some discussions lately.  More to the effect that I've broken down in tears and keep repeating the same prayer over and over again. 

2.  The enthusiasm and confidence to start applying for jobs.

3.  Jobs that are actually worth applying for.

4.  Clothes to wear to interviews and said potential jobs.  Can I just say that being a girl of substance it is awful having to go clothes shopping?  Slacks and I have never gotten along well (I am a jeans girl) and skirts/dresses hit me wrong...because I actually do have a waist AND hips, go figure.  I'm sure that Clinton and Stacy on What Not to Wear would find clothes to flatter my substance but I have absolutely NO desire to go on National TV and be torn to pieces for my looks.  I already beat myself up as is.

5.  Sleep.  One really good nights sleep without dreams about church, youth group, family, friends or any of the myriad of things that have woken me up in the middle of the night for the last four weeks.  Though I would like to know why I dreamed about my friend Kanda and why, in my dream, she had eyelashes that literally must have been 3 inches long.  Impressive...ly weird!  :)

No comments: