Sunday, January 13, 2008

Full Plate

One of my favorite parts of the day while in Mississippi was lunch at First Missionary Baptist Church. There was so much good food to choose from! My plate would be heaping by the time I was done putting "a little of this and a little of that" on my plate. Sitting down to eat I usually looked at my plate and wondered "why is my plate so full?" Of course, I always made sure that I ate everything! Plus dessert!

Lately I've been looking at my calendar and saying "Why is my plate so full?" It's nothing new. I've been here before. This time though, I'm beginning to realize that while my plate is full, my energy and enthusiasm is running on empty. My focus has gotten off track. I need a break. Unfortunately that break really isn't going to happen for another two weeks. There is a bright spot coming this week though, a half-day set aside for me and God. To talk, to listen, to be silent, to just be. I'm looking forward to that day. It's like dessert. I don't want to miss it.

Yep, I've got a full plate. But dessert is coming.

No comments: