Saturday, January 5, 2008

Home and rain

The team made it safely home on Thursday night with only minor delays. We spent the morning wandering the French Quarter, feasting on beignets at Cafe Du Monde and buying gifts to bring home. 9 days is a long time to be with people 27 other people, going pretty much everywhere with them. I know we were all a little irritable, physically tired and emotionally exhausted by the time we got home on Thursday night. Yo Momma, The Dad and I stayed up until 12:15am California time talking about the trip...my body was definitely telling me that it was 2:15am Mississippi time! Overall it was a good trip, there is much still to be done in Pearlington and I'm pretty sure that I will have to go back in the future, though maybe with not so many people.

I would have updated things yesterday but by the time I was ready to begin thinking about using a computer the power went out. We've had rain, rain and more rain plus a lot of wind the last two days. I'm pretty sure the rain gauge outside my room was overflowing at some point last night and it holds 6 inches. The rain and power outage were the perfect excuses, though, for some much needed rest. Still not 100 percent rested, but I'm getting there. The power is on now and there are movies to watch, so I'm going to enjoy the rest of my day off and just vegg out.

More pictures and stories from the trip will be up in the next week or so. Thanks for reading along!

No comments: