Movies have a way of hitting that closed off part of me and unlocking the floodgates of tears. Any time I need a good cry, I pull out the ones that have proven to be floodgate releasers and settle in. Here are 5 that start the waterworks going.
- Life as a House...the first time I saw this one I literally cried for an hour and a half afterwards. Every time I thought I was done crying, a scene flashed through my head and it started all over again.
- Steel Magnolias--same scene gets me every time. When Sally Fields character lashes out at her friends after the graveside scene I know the tears are coming.
- Boys on the Side--just thinking about it starts the tears!
- Armageddon--I think I see a theme going on here...
- Fried Green Tomatoes--definite theme happening