- Went to Costco yesterday for supplies for messy night...cake fight! Got in line, there were plenty of cashiers and no really long lines but that didn't stop the lady who got in line behind me from coming within a hairs inch of my backside with her cart. The person in front of me would move ahead an inch, I would move an inch, the lady behind would move an inch and a half. Geesh! I was good and didn't glare at her...it was hard.
- Reading the book "Eats, Shoots & Leaves" which is about punctuation. Which is making me hyper-sensitive about my punctuation. Should it be hairs or hair's or hairs'? AAAAHHHH!!!
- All day Wednesday I kept getting whiffs of jello, which, seeing as how I was wearing the same pants as the day before when I had made jello, made sense. All day today I've been getting whiffs of cake, which, seeing as how it was plastered into my hair last night, made sense.
- At a meeting tonight someone made a comment about someone else that was so dead on true it made me laugh, but was also sad; they haven't known the other person for that long. It's kind of scary at how quickly our personality traits become visible to other people. Okay, don't want to think about that.
- K and I got pedicures today. I like having pretty toes.
- What happened to June?
- Went out last night (after messy night and yes, I showered before going out to the movies) with Opinionated Friend and 3 others to see "The Proposal". So good. So, so good. Got home at midnight but totally worth it! Happy Birthday O.F.!
- August 20th, I'm so excited about August 20th!
- Papa Bear made a comment to me last week in fun that went awry; it touched a sore spot I didn't know was there. I've been thinking about that all week. Specifically, when did my self-worth get attached to how busy I am? Why do I take pride in the fact that my calendar is full to overflowing? Why, when I am actually taking down time, do I feel guilty about the down time? By the way, Papa Bear, I'm sorry for growling.
- In my next life I want to be creative enough to be a really good cake decorator. It just looks like fun! (watching ace of cakes as I type)
- Baby #2 is due soon. Woo-hoo! Come on, baby, get here all ready!
- This post is getting way long and it's time to end...
- Good night!
Thursday, June 25, 2009
The stuff in my head
No pictures from Messy Night...I didn't get around to getting them off the camera today, so y'all will just have to wait (Yo Momma). Random stuff floating through my head tonight so you'll get some dots.